13 March 2009

Paralysis: On the Economy, Finally.

I have to admit that I have avoided the subject of the ongoing Recession like the plague. I generally an optimist and would prefer not to address difficult topics head-on. (Look at me: I'm still calling it a Recession, when quite frankly, it's heading quickly towards Depression.) Every day it seems I hear more bad news. More friends losing jobs, more people wondering if they will be able to pay the bills next week.

It's starting to hit real close to home, and that scares me.

How is America going to pull through this period? How can I help those around me who are clinging to their homes and their lifestyles with barely their fingernails? What can I do to make a difference?

I just hate to ever admit that I can't.

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Case in point: Just found out today that I have to take a week of unpaid vacation and our 401k match has been suspended. But I'm still thankful that I have a job.

You're already doing what you can do for your friends. Loving them.