21 March 2009

Open Your Eyes

Did anyone else see the sunset last night? It's hard not to notice this time of year. I was driving into Uptown, looking for a parking spot before seeing my friend's hysterical Comedy Sportz show. Turning away from the task for a moment, I caught a glimpse of a huge, almost-pulsing globe of firey red, orange, and yellow.

When I opened Lucy's window shades this morning, I saw the same sun. It's almost like that thing it putting on a performance this time of year.

Spring is just what I need to change my focus in life...to move away from the worries I can't control and to move toward the beauty all around us. The flowers, the green earth, the scent of nature's return in the air. A sun that makes you realize this world is much smaller than it sometimes seems.

No comments: