07 March 2009

110%

I think I'm actually an intimidating person.  Looking back, I realize the signs of this started early.  In high school, I had a crush on one guy and I made him all these cards and sent him a ton of notes.  I don't think they were overly romantic or anything, but I totally scared him off and blew the whole deal.

I also had a friend in high school who used to tell me that it seemed like I could accomplish more in one day than anyone else.  Is that true?  I don't know.  It sounds boastful to say it, I guess.  Lately, I've actually been feeling like it's a detriment that I have so many ideas and so many things I want to accomplish.  In fact, I have so many projects on my list right now that I am embarrassed to tell you about them all.

Why do I feel such an obligation to accomplish so many things?  Whenever I want to do a project, I want to do it 110%.  In 6th grade, I started a newspaper for my class.  I proposed the idea to the principal of the school and then I garnered funds from my sister's high school employer.  I didn't have my parents call them.  I just went over to the local outdoors shop where she worked, asked for the manager, and told him why he should give me money to start my 6th grade newspaper.

And he did it.

For some reason, I believe that people should do the things I want them to do.  Currently, I am thinking about how I want to set my friend up with this Catholic guy who is perfect for her.  Except they live a million miles away from one another.  And yet I not only believe they are right for one another, I also believe that I can actually contribute to their union.

Why do I believe this stuff? 

I have a really hard time drawing the proverbial line in the sand.  I can't stop myself from interfering in other people's lives.


Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.

No comments: