17 March 2009

Luck o' the Irish?

More like faith of the Irish! Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! May your day be full of joy and Irish faith, even if it's not your heritage. Thanks to Aunt Paula for sharing this prayer card.

If you read on through the prayer to the end of this blog post, it could be your lucky day!




Prayer from St. Patrick's Breastplate

I arise today through
God's strength to pilot me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to see before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's host to secure me___
against snares of devils,
against temptation and vices,
against inclinations of nature,
against everyone who shall wish me
ill, afar and anear,
alone and in a crowd...
Christ, be with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ where I lie, Christ where I sit,
Christ where I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
Salvation is of the Lord.
Salvation is of the Lord.
Salvation is of the Christ.
May your salvation, O Lord, be ever with us.

Is it your lucky day this St. Patrick's Day? I am doing my first-ever Blog Give-away of 2 AMC movie tickets. You can enter the contest by posting a comment by midnight today (March 17). In your comment, please let me know what (if anything) you are doing to celebrate St. Patrick's Feast Day. I will announce a random winner tomorrow on the blog and ask for an email address so I can send 2 AMC tickets along. Make sure to check back on March 18 to see if you won!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we celebrate with tattoos all over my kids' bodies and green shirts. i feel this is adequate activity level for a pregnant mom of 3.

Anonymous said...

The leprachaun came last night & left green cookies for the kids. He had a cookie himself & made quite the mess, including lots of crumbs & leaving a 1/2 glass of green milk on the table. He then used the restroom & forgot to flush his green pee. He also put 3 flags of Ireland out front. Whew he was a busy guy!

Anonymous said...

This morning, we ate green oatmeal with pears.
I made chocolate cups with mint marshmallow creme for dessert tonight.
Notice that it's all about food? I just don't think I can make it to the parades this evening with the kids. For now, if I can get my little irish man down for a nap, all will be good with the world.