04 February 2009

Lull Diddy Dull

Ugh. The winter blahs are killing me. While I sit around waiting to hear if we can buy our new house. While I sit around waiting to find out if we're going to be homeless. While I sit around waiting for my baby-sitter to arrive at 5 o'clock.

I decided to shake things up a bit last night by dyeing my hair superdark. Awesome. It is a bit dramatic, but it definitely infuses some excitement into my life for the current time period. I note that dyeing your hair darker seems to have the effect of softening it, which is not to my liking. I rather prefer the "hardening" effect of bleach on my hair. Hmm. Something you may not have considered in your day.

In other news, I am teaching 4th grade Faith Formation this year at my church, and this is the reason for a baby-sitter tonight. I love my class. The kids are so innocent and yet on the verge of true philosophical capability. It is interesting that these kids actually refresh me at the end of a day full of my rambunctious little people.

I am experiencing the Winter Blahs with my Faith Formation lesson plans, though, and so, tonight we need to dye the proverbial lesson plan superdark. We are switching it up by making Stations of the Cross illustrated reflection books.

No comments: