09 February 2009

1,2,3

Today was one of those days of being a mom that was totally beautiful. If you are a mom, you know that any "totally beautiful" day still has a fair share of poopy diapers and tantrums. Nonetheless, I present three moments:

1-I carried Jimmy down in the morning to find Tom and Lucy snuggled up on the couch. Feeding Jim his bottle, I commented to no one in particular, "Isn't this kid the cutest." "Yeah, he is," Tom replied. "And Elmo, too."

2-Jimmy is on his 2nd day of eating the tiniest tad of banana slice you've ever seen. It's really just a little mushpod on my finger. I put it on his tongue today and his eyes gleened over immediately, as if to say, "Mom, finally. I weep that you finally acknowledged my yearning."

3-Lucy and I took a trip to the mall with Grandpa this morning, and somehow, her beloved Bunny Baby ended up taking a swim in the wishing well. Bunny Baby, a blue and well-worn friend, was in need of dire washing anyway, so Lucy had to make do at bedtime with borrowing Monkey Baby from Tom. When Tom went to bed himself, though, he cried out for Monkey. Moments later, Lucy called out to John. John went into her room and she held out Monkey, "Tommy needs his monkey, Dad." And that was that.

No comments: