14 February 2009

Heart Shaped Dance Party?



You gotta have a dance party on Valentine's Day morning.  That's what I'm doing right now, to celebrate the people I love in this little townhouse.  On my playlist:

"See the World" (Gomez)
"American Boy" (Estelle)
"Be My Valentine" (Anne Carraux, as recalled from the days of jr. high singing telegrams)
"Love Story" (Taylor Swift)

I am totally a VDay junkie.  So far, to celebrate:
-Let Tommy select the most masculine valentines on the market (Iron Man, 5 wks ahead)
-Made a Valentine's Day mailbox with the kids so we could amass constructed valentines (2 wks ahead)
-Began planning John's valentine: a slideshow of pictures from our townhouse years, complete with a cover song "More Time" (Need to Breathe) with me on vocals and Chris, my brother, on guitar
-Bought John a secondary VDay gift with the critical aid of my sister (1 wk ahead)
-Ordered a heart cake from the local bakery (1 wk ahead)
-Delivered valentines to my nieces and nephews (1 day ahead)*
-Mailed valentines and DVD project to close family members (1 day ahead)
-Ordered a heart pizza, on sale from Papa Murphys for $7.99
-Couldn't wait, so I unveiled the DVD project to John early (1 night ahead)
-Couldn't wait, so I received my valentine from John early (basket of goodies we ate while we lived in Spain, including the best ever spread, Nutella)
-Had the kids pull their valentines out of the homemade mailbox (AM)
-Had the kids open their daddy-selected tiny valentine gifts, including Mr. Incredible stickers and festive socks (AM)

And then, the current moment: dance party.
Yet to come:
-Heart pizza, Heart cake.

And, more importantly, a whole lotta sappy fam love.  :) :) :)

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!! 
*A special Valentine wish goes out to my nephew, Will, who had the pukes yesterday and had to miss his 1st grade Valentine party.  At least for this year, Will, you can still be my Valentine.  You are growing up too fast, kid.


A Few of my Valentines:

My main squeeze, who is attractive not only because he's so handsome, but also because he's such a great Dad:

2 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

My nephew was puking yesterday too and had to miss his Kindergarten v-day party. He was so disappointed.

Happy Valentine's Day!

MrsEm said...

Off topic: I'm so glad you liked the outfit recommendations. Especially the earrings! Based on your glowing review, I bought a pair for myself.