13 February 2009

Clothing Philosophy in Practice

I once had a friend who was a total clothes horse. Her closet was like a magical world brimming with designer pants, shirts, and shoes. In fact, her wardrobe was so extensive that this girl could quite literally go several months without repeating an outfit combination---and she LOVED it.

As much as I was jealous of this friend, we just didn't share the same wardrobing philosphy. I would love to own a closet of designer clothes, but even if I did veer away from my usual equation of Target + Old Navy + Gap, I wouldn't ever be the kind of person who wore different things each day. I love my staple outfits. I wear a pair of corduroys until they are frayed and desperately worn. I cling to a workout shirt until my sister says she's embarrassed to be seen with me at the gym while I'm wearing it.

What's your wardrobe philosophy? What does your closet look like? Are you constantly trying to feign some order (like in my closet), or are you one of those people whose shirt line up in a pristine manner, organized by type and color and usefulness (like my dear husband!)?

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I can't really justify spending the money on designer clothes, so I guess my philosophy is pretty much the same as yours. My stores are Target, Kohls, Old Navy and Express. Although I've been really disapointed with the clothes at Old Navy lately. I wear clothes until they wear out too. But I do arrange my clothes by color in the closet and each of my dresser drawers are organized by type.