07 April 2008

A Slow Spring Start

This weekend started off with a bang when Tommy woke up Friday with his classic Croup cough. John and I both had a congested chest cold earlier in the week, so I'd assumed one or both of our kids would catch it. Tommy has been to the E.R. about a half-dozen times for Croup. The cough is always worse at night; they treat his cough and restricted air flow with a nebulizer and oral steroids. Thankfully, for the 1st time, we were able to head off a hospital visit and have our regular clinic prescribe the steroids. Shortly after Lucy was born, Tommy had a very serious Croup case and was actually the in the hospital for a few days. He is still coughing this morning; I'm hoping it passes soon and that Lucy doesn't develop a case of her own.

Due to the illness, our hot date on Friday was canceled. Instead, we rented La Vie en Rose, a fabulous and sobering French picture detailing the life of a rising and falling starlet, Edith Piaf. While John and I generally feel that films these days could stand to have a few minutes edited out, this picture is really worth its entirety.

The weekend overall was casual, with Tommy trying out his new imitation Crocs and John hanging my massive wall mirror in the bedroom. Yesterday, the rain kept us indoors for the most part. This week, I'm on the hunt for picture frames, a rocking chair, and lamps. The dream bed will have to wait.

I hear Lucy calling, "Mama! Mama!" so my weekend is officially over.

No comments: