14 April 2008

Secrets to Surviving Pregnancy: Good Seamlessness

There is a weird phenomenon in the world of maternity clothes: apparently, if you are carrying a baby, you are supposed to show as much cleavage as possible. This may work great for 1st time moms who are trying to show off their hot stuff, but when I'm constantly bending over to play with Lucy or help Tommy zip his jacket, I don't need to give playgroup a peep show. I've taken to wearing seamless camisoles under almost every shirt. This one from A Pea in the Pod is extra-long to offer serious coverage of a growing belly. It's little spendy, but for the first 2 trimesters, I used cheaper models from some teenie-bop store called Charlotte Russe. Wherever you get yours , elasticity is a key factor. Before I discovered this, I bought cotton tanks that shrunk with constant washing and didn't expand well...as I do.

No comments: