17 March 2008

This Means (Potty) War

Tommy has been ready to potty train forever. The kid knows when he goes, and he now uses the coveted potty training as yet another opportunity to defy me. If you think I'm exaggerating, you haven't been hanging out with Tommy very much.

I am working hard to remain positive about this. Tommy is not yet three, and for some reason, our society views non-potty trained two-year-olds as (generally) OK. I do not. I can not handle three children in diapers, and I will not tolerate these shenanigans much longer.

The plan is this: D-Day happens on Thursday, Apr. 3, coinciding with Week of the Letter L and Lucy's (late) one-year shots. Tommy has already selected Spiderman and Thomas the Tank Engine underoos at Target. I will return to the big box for more toy bribes.

I don't know how I will handle the period between D-Day and victory, but Tommy will emerge a potty trained man.

Stay tuned for more info.

No comments: