19 March 2008

The Potty Chronicle: Day Two

One of the most important things about being a stay-at-home-mom (or any at-home employee, I think) is remembering to shower. This simple rule is exceedingly easy to break, especially when you have a no-shower tendency or when you know you're going to be cleaning up urine all day long.

Yesterday was one of those days for me. I think I put on a good face for Tommy, because the many internet articles I read suggested that a positive attitude was a vital factor in potty training. By the end of the day (and the time of my posting), though, I'd had my fill of you-know-what.

This morning, I turned over a new leaf and decided to be positive for myself, not just for Tommy. I actually showered and put on a cute preggo shirt. I cleaned up several poopy Thomas the Tank engine incidents, and a few pee ones. Overall, though, Tommy has been doing OK. We even had to babysit his cousins for a few hours, and he had only one accident off-site.

I'm not sure when I can expect to leave the house for any real amount of time, and I certainly wouldn't call our experiment yet "successful." Stay tuned.

No comments: