24 March 2008

Common Potty Sense

When I was a freshman in college, an old service elevator took me 3 floors down from my dorm room to a vending machine that sold my favorite treat: peanut-butter M & Ms. I'm pretty sure I ate a bag of those with each paper I wrote. How did I pull that off and still come out significantly lighter at the end of the year?

Our Easter weekend included many treats, and what bunny is foolish enough not to supply her favorite? While I indulged, I failed to recognize that peanut butter M & M eggs, juice boxes, and fresh fruit were too much for a potty-training young man to handle. Tommy is paying for my foolishness.

Aside from the loose stools, Tommy's training is going GREAT! We took him to the mall on Saturday, and he thought it was fabulous that the family bathrooms had "Tommy-sized" potties just for him. He only had one accident all day. Today, we've already hit the gym and he used their bathrooms twice. I am so proud of him!

Hopefully, the rest of our week will go just as smoothly. John is off to NYC for business, so I am pulling long days on the homefront.

No comments: