10 November 2005

Fashionista Ma

You'd think I was talking about myself, but no, I wouldn't be so egotistical. At least overtly.

In fact, I refer to MY ma, who apparently was quite a fashionista in her day. This morning, I sported some textured tights which brought my mom back to her wild, single days. "I had a pair like that when I was your age," she said. "Textured tights were in style for about three years and I had a whole bunch of patterns and colors...about 20 pair."

I wish I had pictures of my mom's wardrobe. Frankly, I wish I had her wardrobe from back then! She frequently refers to her massive collection of matching shoes and purses. She spent all her cash on clothes as a working girl.

She also was dating another guy when she met my Dad. I love this story. My dad gave my mom a ride home from a meeting in college when they met, and, since he didn't have her number, he just stopped by a few nights later to say hello. While my mom had another guy over. My mom decided that my dad was more interesting and actually kicked out her initial date! Spunky, textured tight mama.

Carpe diem.

No comments: