25 January 2009

HR Training for Desperate Housewife?


It's occurred to me lately that I've become rather insensitive.  Judgmental, also.  These are not very attractive traits.  Not the type of traits one wants to admit on her blog.

How did I become this way?  At one time, I think I was quite sensitive.  Somehow, in becoming a mom, I've gotten more set in my ways and less open to the ways of others.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to work on this not-so-becoming occurrence.  I need to put myself in other people's shoes.  I need to remember we are all from God, and that my job is to do the best I can do for God.

And yet.  (Here's the "but" for this one.)

Something about being a mom makes judgment different than it was in the past.  I guess, since I'm responsible for my kids and also for the influence around them, I feel my judgment is somehow justified.  My political views become a tirade, because I think about how my kids will navigate this world.

Still, my inner instinct says I've gotten a bit out of hand with my critical attitude towards others.  In a multi-faceted effort to chill out (other facets will have to await a later date for description), here I go.


Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail. See how it works.

No comments: