17 June 2008

Up on the Scale

So, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. This is my 1st pregnancy that I will actually fall within the doctor-recommended weight gain specifications, and let me tell you, it has been no easy task. I am still running...a slow 2 miles this morning, and I am feeling so much better than I did at the end of either other pregnancy. I've gained 27 lbs., and imagine I will be up to 30 by the time the next 3 weeks are through.

I recently saw a poster at the gym that said maintaining your health (or weight?...not sure) is about 20% physical exertion and 80% nutrition. Yikes. Unfortunately, I had to tip the scales with extra physical effort, because I still ate plenty of ice cream this time around.

I hate to do it, but for those who are reading this blog and are in or anticipating their 1st pregnancy, please heed my warning of not listening to the many who will tell you it's OK to eat for 2. It's really not. Trust me; I've done it. The weight is hard to lose, and you're better off gaining less to start with. I don't know how I would have kept up with Tom and Lucy this month if I'd been where I was at the end of my last pregnancy.

Anyway, the point of this entry is to celebrate! How often is it that I can step on the scale proud of myself at 8.5 months pregnant? Three cheers for Anne! Thank goodness the end is in sight.

No comments: