25 August 2008

Lucy Goose on her Throne



Oh, if only you had a sweetheart like my Lucy Lu. She is such a snuggler these days and is at my favorite age (don't tell the other kids) because she seems to learn new words a mile a minute. Sure, she throws her fair share of tantrums, but overall, she's a sweetie pie.

This weekend, we decided spontaneously to visit John's family in Wisconsin. The kids played hard all day on Saturday, running through the yard, digging up Grandpa's rock patio, and periodically running inside for Grandma's $250 cookies. Yum. Despite no naps, our two oldest were up screaming and moaning til nearly 11 at night. I thought they would never go to bed. It is such a challenge to travel with little kids...any change in routine can send them over the edge.

On the drive home yesterday, the kids and I both crashed. They fell asleep within seconds of the engine starting, and I fell apart because of lack of sleep/hormones/too much caffeine. Close to home, we stopped for gas and Lucy woke up.

"Baby!! Poopy! Ouch!" she told me. For a minute, I was confused. "Do YOU have to go poop?" I asked. "Yea," she replied.

I rushed the Goose into the gas station and sat her on the potty, where she pointed in amusement at a bunch of flies. Gross.

Although that attempt was unsuccessful, she pooped in her diaper at home later last night. Wanting her to further associate poop with the potty, John brought her to the bathroom after changing her and sat her again on the throne. This time, she grunted and went poop!!

I'm no fool this time around. I know Lucy won't be trained in a day, and maybe not even in a year. But a little glimpse into a one-kid-in-diapers world? I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

That's such a cute pic of Lucy!