07 August 2008

Little Captain


Tommy has been bugging me for about a week to purchase him a new hook. Where do you buy a hook when it's not Halloween? I had to resort to creativity. Gladware + straw + tape + aluminum foil = Hook. For the advanced version, apply black paint.

Here is an excerpt from this morning's pirate outing.
Neighbor Zach [exiting his home as he sees us walk past]: I heard all the noise and had to see what was going on....niiiiice hook!
Tommy [waving his hook, obviously]: I'm a pirate! And I have a new hook! We've got to fight the dragons! They're breathing fire!
Zach: Whoaaa...you're going to fight the dragons all by yourself?
Tommy: Yes! I'm a pirate.
Zach: I would be scared to fight them all by myself.
Tommy [looks at Zach as if he's missing critical brain cells]: Well....you don't have a hook.

No comments: