22 August 2008

All the Livelong Day

Today is the first day that my kids haven't screamed for 8 out of 10 hours. I'm not really exaggerating...as I told my mother-in-law, at least one of three is whining or screaming at any given moment. In fact, I consider it a pleasant moment if only one kid is screaming. So, that's how it's going. I don't really answer the phone (too hard to hear anyone with all the screaming and whining) or post on my blog (too hard to think with the constant headache).


Look at these bugs, though. It's hard to hate 'em.

I had a particularly difficult night with Jimmy on Wednesday. His screaming wouldn't end, forcing me to end a social engagement with great embarrassment. Aren't you supposed to know how to silence them by the 3rd kid? Anyway, last night John suggested that I take a break and enjoy the hot tub at the gym. It would figure that as soon as I entered the locker room for a long hot shower, a toddler with keen instinct started throwing the Tantrum to End All Tantrums. Hey, I'm a pro-family girl, but in that moment, I just wished to transport them to the appropriately-labeled Family Locker Room.

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Oh boy! I was going to write that it sounds like your arms are full -- but you got three kids and only two arms. I am sure you are handling it all with grace! And you're right, the kids are too adorable.

I hope you'll still be able to sneak away for book club next week and enjoy some girl time! woo woo! I promise, no toddlers with tantrums at my house!