06 May 2008

Updates from the Single Mom

I'm a little behind on my May posting.I had all kinds of great plans for this month, including secret May Day baskets, sunshine, and long walks with the kids.Unfortunately, for the first part of this month, my dismal third-stage-of-pregnancy depression emerged and none of these plans materialized.My body is starting to feel the toll of this baby weight, I'm getting scared that I might not be able to work out through the whole pregnancy, and John also had to go to California for work.

I felt bad for John as he left town.I was having one of my emotional breakdowns, in which I question whether I'll be able to handle the three rugrats. He didn't want to leave me in my tearful state.

Things have been going pretty well in his absence, though. This morning, the kids and I journeyed to the nature center and saw my favorite spring flowers, the hyacinth, peeping up.Tom cooperatively refrained from jumping in the ponds, and then everyone took a good, long afternoon nap.

Not too much can take away from sweet-smelling hyacinth and a well-slept mom, but I do have a slight chafing issue. I'll spare you the details.

Happy spring!

No comments: