20 September 2012

Finally!

 
Since school has started, it's as if my postpartum baby fog has finally lifted and I'm feeling recharged, like the old Anne who has more energy than to just lay around nursing a goo-goo-ga-ga baby all day.  There is something totally blissful about being the sole nourishment and lifeline of a newborn.  But then, there is something blissful about reclaiming your vigor for life.

Last night, I reclaimed that vigor at one of my favorite annual activites, the St. Pat's Garage Sale.  Every year I go with my mom and sister to wait in line at their first-night preview.  $3 is a measly pin-drop to pay for what glory awaits inside!  Over the years, I have scored golden peep-toed designer shoes and many other amazing treasures.  The sale is in a community that donates TOP NOTCH stuff. I am not kidding around here, people.

Last night was no exception to the usual amazing treasure hunt.  Among my finds were 3 kids' lacrosse sticks, priced at $3 each, and a beautiful 1960s-era Drexel chest perfect for my husband's manly closet needs.  I also replaced Lucy's Columbia jacket (she lost the lining last year after wearing her brand-new one about twice) for $5.  The jacket looked like it had never been worn.

I outfitted my eldest son in this elegant boyswear.  He's pretty handsome, if I do say so myself.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: