01 April 2009

Luxurious Sick Day

Aahhhhhh. The house is finally quiet, and I am holed up in the master bedroom of our little condo. Have I mentioned that Jimmy, Tommy, John and I are all sleeping in this one room? Gotta love the temporary living digs.

I'd like to take this moment to note that sick days are actually a luxury. When I was a kid, I definitely knew this and exploited even the simplest ache to my advantage. I was pretty much on the straight and narrow, so my mom trusted my many sore throats.

Today, after John left for work and I fought through working with 3 kids and the stomach flu for 10 hours, he swept the kids away to McDonald's playland. This peaceful apartment is my oasis of sickness for maybe one to two hours.

You never knew silence could be so wonderful even in the face of the pukes, did you?

No comments: