23 April 2009

9 Months Out


Pass the real food this way.

My dear little Jimmy,

I'll have to keep this quick...I can already hear a few of you nappers stirring. As I put you to bed this afternoon, I fed you a bottle in the darkness of your little closet-bedroom. You wore only a diaper, and I loved that moment of holding you in my arms with your sweet, smooth skin cradled up around me. You reached out to touch my arms and face and shirt as you ate. You were distracted by nothing but food and Mama. I'm late on your 9 month letter, Jimmy, but the secret reason is that I don't really want you to grow up right now.


Your 1st Easter in Wisconsin

In the last month, you've become a different baby. You're still a peanut, weighing in at only 15.5 lbs, but you're long and wiry and giggly and determined. You've begun to crawl slowly and methodically, finding your brother and sister even when they're two rooms away from you. You can pull yourself up to kneeling onto toys, and your favorite exercise is the "plank" position, or the "up" position of a push-up.

This new stage of mobility unites you in the force of the Three Musketeers, and Tommy and Lucy have already welcomed you to the team. Despite my outcries, they wrestle and tickle you. As you eat your meals, your eyes divert to follow their every move. I guess I have to be ready for anything that the three of you might dish out over the next 18 years!


Our Whole Family Easter 2009

Lucy started a 2-morning Montessori program a month ago, which I have loved primarily because it allows me some much-needed time to cuddle my baby. I am a better Mom when I get a chance to be with each of you individually on occasion.

At the 9 month mark, I can't help but remember how you've really doubled your gestational age. Happy birthday, kiddo! I loved you on the inside, but I'm just a sucker for that little grin now that you're 9 months out.

Your,
Mama

No comments: