15 January 2006

Sarah's Chicken Enchiladas

I get a lot of requests for this recipe, so I thought I'd post it. It came from my sister and has become one of my stand-bys. It's easy to make and I like to freeze it for a fast dinner at-the-ready. Oh, by the way...I am changing my name to Suzy Homemaker after that last sentence.

ingredients:
-1 small pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts, baked and cubed* (or shredded)
-1 med. container sour cream or sour lean
-2 cans cream of chicken soup
-1 bunch of green onions, chopped (or substitute white onions, sauteed in butter)
-1 can of chopped green chiles (or substitue can of jalapenos--depends on spice preference)
-2.5 C shredded cheddar cheese
-12 fajita size flour tortillas (the small ones)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine cream of chicken soup, chopped green chiles, sour lean, and chopped green onions.
2. Spread one tortilla with about one nice dollop of this mixture. Then put a line of about 1/4 C chicken in the center of the tortilla. Then sprinkle some cheese all over the tortilla.
3. Wrap the tortilla, folding in each side so it forms an enchilada-type rectangle. Put the enchilada in a large glass baking dish with the seam side down.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until you use up all the chicken and tortillas.
5. Spread the remaining sauce on top of all the enchiladas. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese, or add more if desired.
6. Bake for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Eat.

No comments: