25 February 2010

Yumtimes

Just ate at Brasa tonight with Miss Kate. She's been trying to make this happen for months, and now I know why:

Fabulousness.

I can still taste the spicey tangy beef, the salty kickin' pork. The sangria that was actually authentic. A zippy bite that kept me going back for another sip. (And then, somehow, another and another.)

Tonight was the perfect equilibrium of food and long-awaited conversation. There is something about Kate that always leaves me thinking. Maybe it's the way she refills my sangria glass when I'm not looking...

But no, not just that. It's also the way Katy sees the world through those turquoise-colored spectacles. She inspires me to be myself...to know I am good enough as myself, but that my self may be ever-evolving.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad you had a great time and a great meal! We should hit up Bar La Grassa - walking distance from my place and Kess's studio. Also, delicious.