27 March 2014

Sleep-in Morning

Dear kids,
 
Before you wake up, I am sipping my coffee and wondering about the number of quiet minutes I might have.  We had a great night last night.  Dad suggested dinner at the Rainforest Café, so we picked him up from work in the minivan and made the trek.   Everyone was tickled with the moving animals, starry sky, and kids' menu.  "Monkeys!  Mama!! Monkeys!"    Even our littlest got into the fun.  I couldn't help but think back on the one other time we had eaten there as a family on Jim's 4th birthday.   It was two years ago already!   How did that time slip through our fingers?  I remember so well your joy at the sparkler birthday dessert and the Build a Bear workshop.   Frank was just a newborn in a baby carrier.
 
We stopped at Nickelodeon Universe for a few spring break rides, and we ventured home.
 
Tommy and I drove separately to grab groceries.  And get this, my kids:  Tom helped the bag boy pull a second grocery cart out to our car, unload it, and then unload the groceries at home.  And he asked to help put groceries away after that.  Pretty good stuff for an 8 year old.
 
I am so lucky to have four amazing kids.  Sometimes I forget to note how amazing you are!  You are growing into polite, creative, thoughtful people.  You are learning the nuances of friendship, failure, and determination.  It seems like every single day is packed with opportunity.   Summer is coming quickly, and I am looking forward to adventures with you people. 
 
Still asleep up there?   I can hardly believe it.
 
I love you guys to the moon and back.
 
Mom

No comments: