08 September 2008

Month 2: Gone in a Moment

Dear Jimmy,

Two months old today. You're still a peanut, and when people notice you snuggled in my arms or the carseat, they almost always guess you're a newborn. You're filling out nicely from your original, wiry state, but you're still barely ten pounds. A lightweight. A snuggle bug.

Daddy is holding you now while you whimper and moan. It's about 9:30 PM, right in the middle of your colicky hours. Most nights, you fuss from 8 to 11 PM, giving your father and me a run for our money. Outside of these hours, though, you're a wonderful and easy baby. You're starting to smile more and more, delighting your siblings who love to kiss you whenever you enter a room. Your intially-spastic hand and leg movements (hey, that's how we all begin, Jimster) are becoming more controlled. You follow toys with your eyes and love to listen to music. Sometimes I put your little chair on the counter underneath my mounted radio and let you take in the tunes. (A secondary goal of this is to keep you up high and safely away from Tom and the Goose.)

Your brother started preschool today, and I bet both you and Lucy will benefit from his new independence. I'm eager to spend more quiet time with you and to learn what your wide eyes are learning.

I love you, my Jimmy!

Love, Mama

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I don't know if I've said this before, but I love your letters to the kids. They are going to treasure them when they're older.

And where does time go? Jimmy is already two months old??? Awesome. Wow.