13 September 2005

Bob the Ellipse Man

Bob is an old man I see every morning at the YMCA. I'm not really sure his name is Bob, but I think I heard someone call him that once. At any rate, Bob pretty much owns the elliptical machine he uses at the Y. The man is on that thing any time I start working out---which varies pretty significantly based on Tommy's appetite---and he continues working it long after I'm done. I should mention I get a good hour of cardio in daily. I believe Bob, estimated to be roughly 75 years of age, may just work out 2-3 hours daily. He is out of control. Sweat pouring down his chest and back, gray hair slick with shine and exertion, smile strapped on his face as though his true joy in life is to be the Number One Member of the YMCA.

In addition to being the fittest old man at the Y, Bob knows every single member who walks into the fitness center. He particularly knows the hot young women, whom I am sure find his smile, and stamina endearing.

If I am so fit and such a flirt at 75, then I'll be doing pretty damn good.

No comments: